- About us
- Cathedral Visitor Centre
- Corporate Bookings
- Development Project
- Visit us
- Contact Us
- Reporting Hate Crime
The medieval Church and Tudor Reformation
This lively trail covers the history of the Church during the medieval period. Through a range of hands-on activities pupils learn about the Tudor Reformation and how the different Tudor monarchs shaped the religion of the time according to their beliefs.
Give your pupils the opportunity to:
- Dress up as Tudor monarchs or priests. Pupils really love this aspect of the session which brings their learning to life!
- Recall prior learning about the Tudors and learn about the religious beliefs of the different Tudor monarchs.
- Learn to chant some of the Latin Mass in the medieval Quire stalls, and compare the English version.
- Compare and contrast the Catholic and Protestant worldviews of the time.
- Consider the impact that religion had on the people of medieval Manchester and how this has shaped the building that we see today.
KEY STAGE: 2
CURRICULUM LINKS: History, RE
DURATION: 90 minutes
MAXIMUM NUMBER: 30
COST PER PUPIL: £3