The Education Department’s work has become highly regarded, both locally and nationally and teacher/pupil feedback is consistently excellent. Our programme attracts schools locally, nationally and internationally and we cater for all ages, abilities and backgrounds. We also deliver wider educational outreach to families, community groups and teachers in the form of self-guided materials and special events.
Education volunteers assist with the Cathedral's Education Department, helping or leading learning activities during school visits in the Cathedral. Training and mentoring programmes teach volunteers what they need to know to provide a memorable learning experience to the schools of Greater Manchester and beyond.
Education volunteers assist the Education Department in delivering the service offered to schools and families at Manchester Cathedral by:
- Liaising regularly with the Education Officer regarding education visit dates which require volunteer assistance or leadership;
- Committing to assisting for half or full days when required;
- Helping to lead educational visits and workshops according to your capabilities;
- Assisting with preparation of resources, props and costumes for visits as required, and helping with set up and take down before and after events where possible;
- Attending and participating in meetings and training events for volunteers.
For further information you can read the Education Volunteer role description.
You can apply online by clicking here.
Any more questions? Email us.