The role of Gardener is an important position at Manchester Cathedral. The Cathedral is a beautiful Grade 1 Listed building, rich in history, located in Manchester’s Medieval Quarter. We are proud of the warm welcome our visitors receive from volunteer Welcomers, whether they live in Manchester or have flown from the other side of the world. But prior to the warm welcome offered inside, our gardens contribute significantly to a visitor's first impression of the Cathedral where thousands of people take photos each year. We need your help to make them flourish.
Details about gardening:
- Gardeners will usually give 2-3 hours of their time on a weekly or fortnightly basis
- Maintaining the borders which may include: weeding, pruning and planting
- Edging the lawn. Please note lawn mowing is done by Manchester City Council
- Weeding around the Cathedral
- Working with others as a team to ensure the gardens retain a cohesive look
For further information you can read the Volunteer Gardener role description.
You can apply online by clicking here.
Any more questions? Email us.