Help us to reveal the history of Manchester and its Cathedral by becoming a Cathedral Tour Guide. The Cathedral is a beautiful Grade 1 Listed building, rich in history, located in Manchester’s Medieval Quarter. Manchester Cathedral Visitors Centre homes the 15th century Hanging Bridge, one of the oldest structures in Manchester.
Details about Guides
- As a guide, your role is to open the visitor’s eyes to the Cathedral’s history and hidden gems
- Our guides offer daily tours of the Cathedral, and also show around larger groups who have booked in advance
- You will generally be on duty for 2–3 hours, morning or afternoon, on a weekly or fortnightly basis alongside our Welcomers and Chaplain
- Full training is given. An interest in Manchester’s rich history and the role of this Cathedral at the heart of this 21st century metropolis is essential
- If you can speak another language aside from English, this is beneficial, though not essential for the role
For further information you can read the Welcomers and Guides volunteer role description.
You can apply online by clicking here.
Any more questions? Email us.