Hire the Cathedral
Manchester Cathedral has been a place of welcome and hospitality for over 1300 years. The current medieval structure built by Henry V dates from 1421.
The public realm together with the interior setting of the cathedral offers an ideal place to host an array of multi-faceted events, including fashion shows, brand launches, intimate fine-dining spot and grand gala dinners.
Meetings, conferences and much more...
- The Nave (905 sq.m) has a capacity of 1103 people and can seat 940 for dinner.
- The Regimental Chapel (206 sq.m) has a capacity of 190 for dinner
- The Library (53 sq.m) has a capacity of 50 for dinner
- The Chapter House (26 sq.m) has a capacity of 15 for dinner.
- The Refectory (48 sq.m) has a capacity of 80 (theatre style).
Dining at the Cathedral
Dining at Manchester Cathedral is a delicious experience. In keeping with the setting, we offer traditional and contemporary menus; we pride ourselves on the quality of our suppliers and the care they take in delivering our events.
Modern audio-visual equipment can be provided — a digital projector, a presentation point for laptop computers, a slide projector and screen and an overhead projector. The acoustics are excellent, microphones are not necessary at all events, but can be used if required. We provide an AV supplier who can help you make the most of the great space on larger functions and customise the Cathedral’s lighting to suit your event.
Find out more about holding an event at Manchester Cathedral Opens in new window .