These hands-on sessions are designed to enhance your visit further.
Allow 30 minutes for each workshop you choose.
- Brass Rubbing – we observe the original brasses in the Cathedral and then create our own rubbing using facsimile versions of the originals.
- Clothes, colours and codes – we investigate the traditions and symbols of the Church Year by dressing up in our specially-made Children’s Vestment Collection of mini priest outfits!
- Stained Glass – using the stunning Holloway “Wall of Light” series of 5 West Windows as inspiration, we create our own designs using tissue paper or acetate.
- Prayer – learners consider the different forms of Christian prayer and then rotate around a series of reflective activities designed to aid thoughtful contemplation or prayer – activities are carefully worded to enable learners of all faiths and none to fully participate if they wish.
- Manchester’s Medieval Zoo – this is where to find some Fantastic Beasts! The 500-year-old misericords feature some of the finest medieval carving in the North West. We go on safari, catch some fascinating stories and create our own mythical creatures.
- Music – we consider how music is used in worship, experiment with sound, and sing in the Cathedral Quire!
- Ask the Clergy – religious ideas and topical issues are discussed with a member of our clergy team (depending upon availability)
- Sacraments / Rites of Passage – these can be sensitively re-enacted and interpreted to aid learning.