Manchester Cathedral Poetry Competition Results
First Prize (£500 – Manchester Cathedral Poet of the Year, 2020)
‘Eye of Shark’ by Patrick Lodge
Second Prize (£250)
‘Caedmon’ by A C Clarke
Third Prize (£150)
‘Do not heap up empty phrases’ by Roger Hare
Highly Commended (in no particular order)
- 'Henrietta of the HeLa’ by Miriam Obrey
- ‘Orlando Di Lassus, Tears of St Peter ’ by Jim Gerard Maguire
- ‘Convocation’ by Robert H F Carver
- ‘A Ritual for preparing to sleep alone in an unfamiliar house’ by Claire Louise Askew
- ‘Harvington Hall’ by Michael Francis Farry
- ‘Heartsease’ by Jane Seabourne
- ‘My Son made friends with a bubble’ by Sarah Salway
We are extremely grateful to the judge this year, The Rev’d Canon Dr Rachel Mann, priest, poet and broadcaster.
The three prize-winning poems and the highly commended poetry will be published in the Manchester Cathedral Poetry Competition 2020 booklet.
Any profits from the Manchester Cathedral Poetry Competition go to the Booth Centre charity.
Watch the virtual prizegiving ceremony