The Christmas season is upon us once more and there’s a host of festive events and carol concerts to join at Manchester Cathedral.
Throughout December, a host of Christmas concerts and charity carol services will take place.
The festivities commence as the Cathedral light their main Christmas tree inside the West Tower at 6.15pm on December 1.
Events at the Cathedral include:
- 1 December, 7pm - The Lord Mayor’s Carol Concert
- 2 December, 7pm - The Sunday Boys present A Very Queer Christmas
- 3 December, 10am – 4pm - A Christmas Craft and Flea fair
- 4 December, 1pm, 2.30pm and 4pm - Across three St Ann’s Hospice ‘Light up a Life’ memorial services, visitors will have the chance to celebrate the lives of loved ones at Christmas time.
- 5 December, 7pm - Bublé by Candlelight
- 7 December, 7.30pm - MedEquip4Kids Christmas Sing-along
- 10 December, 7.30pm – In an annual festive favourite, Manchester Baroque presents Handel’s Messiah performed by Manchester Cathedral Choir for a traditional Christmas treat.
- 11 December, 1.30pm - Prevent Breast Cancer Christmas Celebration
- 13 December, 7pm - The Christie Charity Annual Christmas Carol Concert
- 15 December, 7pm - MFT Charity’s Christmas Carols in the City supporting NHS Manchester Hospitals
- 17 December, 12.30pm - Christmas Carol Sing-along, a free event for shoppers
- 17 December, 7.30pm - Family Carols - Join Manchester Cathedral Voluntary Choir for this seasonal concert of Christmas Carols, with a mix both of old and new favourites.
- 19 December, 7pm - The Proud Trust LGBT+ Community Carol Service 2022
- 20 December, 6.30pm - Home Instead Charities' Carols by Candlelight
- 22 December, 7.30pm - A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols, with the Bishop of Middleton. Everyone has heard of or seen the famous Nine Lessons and Carols from King's College Cambridge on the TV each Christmas Eve. This is the Manchester version!
For more information on all events at Manchester Cathedral and to book your tickets head to events section of our website.
You can find out more about our special services over the advent and christmas period here.