"Given the severity of the transmission of the virus at present, we have made changes to our public worship pattern. All our services, except The Eucharist on Sundays at 10.30am, will now be held without a congregation present in Manchester Cathedral. We remain open for private prayer during each day but we encourage everyone, where possible, to join us for all public worship live on Facebook. These immediate changes are a small contribution towards reducing the movement of people in our city region in the hope of reducing the transmission of the virus. We continue our prayer for an end to the pandemic and for the NHS, as we remember those who are unwell and for those who are bereaved. May the Holy Spirit of God bring healing and comfort in these difficult times. May God grant us mercy and love."
- All services continue to be livestreamed on Facebook. Where possible, please join us there.
- All services, except Sunday morning, are now closed to the public. Please do not attend Manchester Cathedral for worship except on Sunday mornings.
- Choral Evensong will take place only on Wednesdays at 5.30pm live on Facebook and without a physical congregation present.
- Our mid-week Holy Communion on Wednesdays is cancelled until the end of the national lockdown.
- Manchester Cathedral remains open for private prayer and, if you choose to come, you must not mingle with anyone outside of your household or support bubble.
- Leisure/tourism visits are not permitted.
- Our staff and clergy will work from home wherever possible.
- Although we remain open for private prayer and for in-person worship on Sunday mornings, please consider carefully whether attending Manchester Cathedral is the right decision during the national lockdown.
The Very Rev’d Rogers Govender MBE
Dean of Manchester